We talk a lot about the importance of self-acceptance and self-love around here at Vagina Chronicles Podcast. Why do we dedicate so much time to this area of our lives? Because we feel that loving yourself, as you are now, is the key to blocking the negativity of many messages we are bombarded with every day and pushing through to something greater.
From self-love comes kindness to others, as well as ourselves. We are able to speak up with confidence and say no to things that don’t serve us. We allow our light to shine brightly, knowing that we all deserve to do so.
In this episode, we offer our listeners and ourselves a week-long Love Challenge. Let’s see what we can do with a little bit of intentional self-lovin’!
For one week, give loving yourself everything you’ve got! Let the love energy flow through you and manifest into the things, ways of being, activities, and self-talk that so often gets scratched away by ourselves or others!
A few guidelines to keep you going:
- Tuck judgment/beating yourself up away for a week (if you still feel like you need it at the end of the week, it’ll be right where you left it, so don’t panic)
- Wear what you love and shed the “shoulds”
- Do things that make you feel good (walking, yoga, reading, writing, art…)
- Immediately replace negative thoughts with positive ones (keep a picture or a positive affirmation close by so you don’t have to flounder for something nice to say in the moment)
- Write positive thoughts about yourself and life everywhere
- Keep a journal so you can track the changes (and perhaps resistance) focused self-love brings up
- Take it a few hours at a time, if you need to; there is no failing this challenge, only a chance to give yourself permission to love you
- Forgive yourself. Every night before you end your day, forgive yourself for everything that happened that day
- Let us know how you did! We would love to hear about your week
Mentioned in this episode:
Listen To The Full Episode:
In the Comments:
How do you practice self-love? Share your thoughts in the Comments below.