We know it can be pretty overwhelming, and confusing, when thinking of how much needs to be done to protect our environment, but hopefully we can help break it down into bite-sized pieces by sharing the changes we’ve made (or are in the process of making).
Like we said, we get it! It can feel like, no matter what we do, it won’t be enough, but, by employing mindfulness in our everyday lives and already-hardwired habits, we can all begin to notice ways in which we can make small changes that add up over time.
And it can be fun! Learning about food, perhaps even growing your own, and incorporating as many environmentally-friendly products into your life can spark a passion you may not know you have!
Please join us in doing a little something (or some BIG somethings) every day, so that we can help this pale blue dot thrive!
Listen To The Full Episode:
Mentioned in this episode:
- Environmental Working Group’s consumer guides
- Smartphone Apps to help make good food choices
- Website and trailer for Liquid Assests, Penn State documentary on water infrastructure
- Radiolab episode “Elements”
- Freshkills Park (Landfill gets a make-over)
- Local vs Organic
- Local Harvest Co-op Directory
In the Comments:
What ways do you and your family practice sustainability in your life and home? Share your thoughts in the Comments below.